Wednesday, July 25, 2007

the geek in me.

The plan was perfect.

We had the transport sorted out, we had our dad's permission (after all, my dad did partially approve it), we had our cover up story, we had the movie tickets booked and we had our post-plan ready. We basically had everything.

Then my mum had to flip out, change her mind and say no.

...fifteen minutes before I was supposed to leave to Zhen's house.

And this btw, is just a while after I convinced Zhen to convince her mum to let her go. So of course my dad has to agree to my mum because that's just how the household works. And they even had the cheek to joke about it with their friends the next night.

It's times like this when I get really frustrated. So after apologizing countless of times to Zhen, I went into my room, slammed the door and went to bed. Mind you, it was only 9.00pm.

What am I talking about?


Oh well. My brother went to pick up the book we pre ordered at OU and hogged the book for the entire weekend. So I only started the book around 6.00pm on Sunday and I just finished the book on Tuesday. I expected some parts and some were spoilt by my inconsiderate friends (yes, I'm still pissed off) but all in all, it was a pretty good book despite some confusing parts.

I'm not entirely sure if like or hate the book. But I thought the ending was pretty weak, especially the 'Nineteen Years Later' bit.

I wonder when would be the next time something as phenomenal as Harry Potter can conquer the lives of so many people - not just kids, but adults as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As for now, the final chapter of Harry Potter has come to an end and the only things left for us are the two remaining movies. Let's hope that doesn't get screwed up. Haha.

jue*because that's the way we get by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gaaahh!! i wanted that coverrr! :( no fair . i got stuck with the ruddy children's version instead . fsdfbrerafdf .

Anonymous said...

haha, i actually wanted the children's cover (but we terorder the wrong one) because book 1,2,3,4 and 6 are all children covers.

but i do like this cover better though.

haha.