Saturday, February 24, 2007

red drops of roses.

Quoting myself from Nique's blog;

"Of roses, hearts, 8 seater tables, kindergarten decorations, perfect confetti, the ultraman dance, and a (meat)ball of time with awesome company. Like Ming said, we'll pull through, and we did."


I can honestly say that about at 12 noon today, I was ready to cry and just leave the school. About almost everything wasn't going as planned, and it if wasn't for a certain someone, I would have never went back up to the hall.

But I'm (pretty) happy I did. The event we've been planning for for weeks, working my ass off to make everything a success, designing and redesigning things, scouting around for items and promoting like crazy is finally over. And I thank you if you came to support us in making this event a success :). If my calculations are correct, we would have been able to raise over RM5000.00 for the National Heart Foundation and I think that's a pretty big amount for a school event. We raised RM 9000++ which is an ENORMOUS amount! YEAY! :). So to my fellow organising committee members, give yourself a good pat on the back for a job well done.


The real work started yesterday when a (very small) group of us went to Sri Sedaya to start putting up some deco. The turn up was so bad, some of the BBians came to help. It was a pretty funny day. We bugged the guys into staying longer to help us but five minutes later, Miriam&I cabut-ed back to her place. Hehe :).


So there I help draw heart shape thingies while she whined about godknowswhat and we exchanged stories on how guys are stupid. Btw, I'm turning lesbian and I'm dating Mimz now. Woo tothefreaking hoo. Then we went to Petaling Street to buy roses and being the geniuses that we are, we (I'm taking partial credit here) found rose petals and we bought two bags of it :). Bought our 144 roses as well before meeting up with Lena and going back to Mimz's where we were tortured kind enough to help her organise the roses. Played with Shandy, poked each other with thorns, complained about useless people and laughed about laughable things.


I woke up today feeling a little sick but I got ready anyways after finishing some last minute work. Took a nice long shower, got dressed, did my make up, searched for baskets, counted tickets, bought drinks and then went to Sri Sedaya. The deco looked presentable to guests above the age of 6 today so that's good. But as the clock struck noon, things started going downhill. The table rental guy delivered 8 seater tables instead of 10 which meant we were lacking 90+ seats. A very smart Interactor only provided one square table for the buffet instead of the requested 6. And by smart I mean not so smart. And by not so smart I mean OMGDON'TEVERVOLUNTEERTOBEINTHEOCAGAIN. Number of souvenirs requested weren't enough. Ticket sales were mixed up. Raffle tickets weren't selling. I seriously wanted to cry (along with a whole bunch of other things). But I didn't because I didn't want to get my make up ruined. Seriously. So I took a deep breath, went downstairs, sat there for a while before making my way up again.


Thing started getting better afterwards. I kept on screaming to Zhen and she would sort out whatever it was. Haha, thanks dear :). Kepo-ed here and there and the boyys started arriving :). ElenaMimz&I scattered rose petals everywhere to entertain ourselves, including the elevator! Did the final sound check and before I knew it, the other people started arriving and the registration tables were crowded as ever. Sempat jugak I take pictures with the Aishah and the Ieka :).

Guys being conned into buying roses.

Ran around before settling at a table. Well...kinda. I went in and out and backstage quite a bit but I managed to hang around my friends a little :). The overall event wasn't as bad as I pictured it to be with satisfying performances and a heck load of funny moments. I'm guessing the food was alright but I wouldn't really know since I didn't eat anything minus a couple of brownies and watermelon at the end of the event. The raffle prizes were drawn and someone who bought the ticket from me won =D. Well, initially la. But then they redrew. And I still don't know why. Amanians sapu-ed all the prizes man. Serve you all right for putting all your luck into one measly ticket. Haha.


The dance floor was started off with line dancing that soon turned into some weirdoes of the guys (I refuse to admit that I actually know them) dancing the Ultraman Dance. Like seriously. It was hilarious. I turned back and saw the juniors follow suit. I practically went O_O. So people danced, I camwhored, other people stoned, I continued camwhoring. It's all good :). There was one part where some guys started shuffling and there really wasn't any point because there wasn't much of a super wowWOW effect since well, it was 5 in the evening.


The dance floor sort of continued while others started leaving. We started clearing up the place with the guys and parents helping too :). Sho shuweet. Served watermelons to people Leon who freaking finished an entire tray. Re-introduced some of the guys to my parents and I swear, my dad probably still thinks I'm with Hameer. "Pa, you know Hameer right?"; "Yeah, yeah. Wow, Hameer, you've lost weight. Looking good."; "Oh ye ke uncle? Thank youu *kembang*." -____-


And my parents liked the guys so much, they offered to drop some of them back. The best part of the event for me was the end. We had so much leftover food, we decided to donate them to charity. So Nique, Vanu and I headed off to three different places. My mum wanted to go the Rumah Hope, but since they've already had their dinner, I suggested Prudential because the kids I met from there during Art Fiesta were just so adorable! As we were taking the food down from the car, the lady told us that their maid had gone back home and she was trying to figure out what to cook for the kids tomorrow. Not wanting to trouble her, the kids just opted for Maggi Mee. But since we gave the roti jala, chicken curry, sandwiches, nuggets and what not, they'll be having that instead. Although I didn't buy the food myself, it made me feel so good :). The kids thanked us at least six times. So sweet :).

Dad : What school do you all go to?
Kids : Taman Sea.
Dad : Oh, Taman Sea. Do you know me then? I'm always at your school (trying to boost his ego).
Kids : *shakeshead*
Dad : Do you know my son?
Kids : *shakeshead*
Dad : Manimogan?
Kids : (all at once) OHHHH, MA-NI-MO-GAN. Runs very fast waaan. School runner.
Me : -_-

So there you go. It's been a while since I've had a Saturday this eventful. Until next time;

jue*then when it seems like we can never smile again, life comes back.

Footnote : As honest as I would like to be, for the sake of friendship, this is a cotton candy-ed, rainbow striped post. I would publish what I really of the event and the process of getting to the event, but as the saying goes, "some things are better left unsaid". To all those who actually did go for the event, I hope you had fun, even if at certain points, it seemed a little impossible. Cheers.

No comments: