Monday, April 23, 2007

can i be your memory?

I was skimming through (whatever's left of) my pictures just now, and I came across this one;


Gosh I miss that feeling of adrenalin, excitement and nervousness all bundled up into one. I miss getting ready at the back, quickly running through every dance move, every stunt before the MCs announce our team's name and we come running skipping out. I miss looking at the blue mat waiting for the first cue for the song. I miss running around the field like mad hooligans being horny little cheerleaders before realising Miss Liew is watching us from the office. I miss Liz&Kel measuring everyone making sure the 'right parts' are growing. I miss feeling as though I could touch the sky. I miss being part of something and working towards a mutual goal. I miss spending the last two competitions with Sir LalaMcshortyPants by my side. It's been months since I've left the team, but it has finally hit me, I actually do miss cheer.

And just because this is the only remaining decent picture I have of the both of us,

Everyone expected it to last forever,

But forever seemed a long way off.

jue*suddenly you've become part of my past.

No comments: