Tuesday, February 13, 2007

it's called a breakup because it's broken.

I haven't been updating for the past few days because I've been trying to settle the stupid problems I'm having my computer. It's a hard disk failure just waiting to happen. Anyway, the first night I switched on my computer just to see my profile settings gone and my 'My Documents' folder to be empty. Ohmygod, I almost cried. But luckily, I found all the files that somehow got moved to another folder. Mumblegrumble.

Then last night, I decided to burn all my pictures into CDs just to be extra safe but apparently my computer hates me and my files have mysteriously disappeared yet again. I tried searching for it, I tried restoring my files, I tried almost everything before giving up and just going to sleep. Sleep - my therapy.

Today, I switched on my computer while silently praying that my files would turn up. Lady luck was not on my side and I seriously did cry thinking I just lost all my pictures and songs. Yes, all 4896 pictures and 2000+ songs. And contrary to popular belief, they're not (all) vain pictures of myself, kay? There's family pictures back from 2004/2005 that I can't possibly get back from anywhere else.

Thank goodness God still somewhat loved me and an angel in the form of Aznam helped me recover the files using some program. I'm hoping its all the files cause I haven't exactly gone through them but still, it's better than nothing and I'm honestly counting my lucky stars.

ThankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOU to Aznam cause seriously la, I couldn't say thank you enough times to tell you how grateful I am :). I'll belanja you the next time we go out kay? Promise :).

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was out girly shopping with my mum just because I felt like it the other day and I told her, "Mum, I'm looking for a SLEEVED dress or baby doll top. One that I could actually wear for school functions." She stared at my for a little while, raised her eyebrows and then replied, "Sleeved dress? What sort of dress is that?"

And then you all wonder why my skirts are so short.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It has become a routine lately that every Thursday I tell myself, "Don't cave, don't cave". I tell myself to be strong, that I don't need him for me to feel any better. Some days I succeed, most times I fail. Three weeks ago, I ended up getting all giddy from aan awesomely sweet voicemail he left on my phone. The week before last, I ended up receiving a phone call from him. Last week, I messaged him everyday just because I couldn't hold it all in anymore. I hate feeling so weak around him. If only his words weren't as comforting as they are.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I remember telling a few girls in my class that the end of January& beginning of February will show a sudden increase in relationships. "Seperti cendawan selepas hujan". Or something along those lines la. And sure enough, there has been. You may call it coincidence, I call it desperation.

On a somewhat related topic, I totally forgot that tomorrow is Valentine's. Not like it's very important this year considering I'm out of a phase but still. I'll be spending tomorrow organising the ticket sales for our upcoming Valentine's Charity Dance and doing some last minute arrangements. Oh, and seeing Ameer tomorrow so does not count as a date.

And since tomorrow is Valentine's, the day after is the 15th. 15th of February. I can't believe i was that long ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I guess I've sort of updated about things. I'm getting stress pimples and it's not funny. Seriously.

jue*you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer.

No comments: