Sunday, August 6, 2006

when it rains, it pours.

Somehow, even though it was announced over a month ago, a little part of me told myself not to give up hope that miracles could happen if the person really deserved it. I reminded myself that nothing is final until they get installed, and officially wear their navy blue blazers and Miss World-like sashes. So I prayed, and cried, and prayed some more, pushing for a miracle. Unfortunately, Lady Luck wasn't on my side, and the impossible dream was well...impossible.

To see someone do something you want to do so much, to see someone taking over something that should have been yours...I don't think I've ever been this disapointed before. But life is not and never will be fair, and there's nothing anyone can do about it except to hold back the tears, fake a plastic smile and pretend like nothing is wrong.

And it'll be much appreciated if you don't tell me to get over it cause you have no idea how hard I (and some others) worked for this. And it's not alright to lose from a popularity contest. However, a big thank you to those who believed in what I am/was capable of, and even though I don't know who exactly who you are, I'll never forget having you behind my back.

Oh well.

Like Aishah said, "Can't she just friggin get over it?"

So here's my congratulations to the new Board of Directors of ICSA 06/07.

President : Vanushia Thirumal.
Vice President : Sherrie Tam.
Secretary : Siti Nuraishah Pilus.
Treasurer : Esther Lee.
Comm. Service Dir : Nikki Lim.
Club Service Dir : Shobini Balraj.
IU Dir : Shalini J.
Finance Dir : Miriam Tiong.
Sgt. At Arms : Nur Syafika Zazili
Editor : Darshini.

Good job to the BBians on an install well done. I had fun yesterday. :)

Viva La Interact.

jue* standing on the edge of tragedy, waiting for someone to push her off.

No comments: