Tuesday, January 20, 2009

angels on the moon.

My paper ended at 8.05 last night so naturally, mum and I were stuck in a traffic jam on the way home. An hour long jam, might I add, which honestly didn't feel all that bad.

For some odd reason (considering I just sat for the disastrous C4 paper), the both of us were in a pretty happyhappyjoyjoy mood. We talked about selling off furniture in our house to make room for new ones, planned some sneaky shopping time when my dad's off to Penang (again) next weekend, tried predicting the future and laughed about weird family members.

My short-term memory is probably the reason why I can't remember the exact details of last night's conversation but I do remember a bazillion "Omg Mummy!"-s and laughing until my stomach hurt.

Oh and not to forget her face as she tried stiffling laughter while I was practicing Hokkien. She's now going to teach me five words/sentences/phrases a day so eventually, I'd be able to at least speak in code with her (since no one else in the house can speak Hokkien).

My absolutely favourite quote of the day was when the both of us were talking about my mum setting me up with someone and just as I told her, "But he has to be cute!", she said, "Of course la! If he isn't handsome, I wouldn't even consider him."

:D

Yes, I truly am mummy's little girl ;)

3 comments:

Natasya Suria said...

can i have your mum? just for a few days.

etsy said...

Eyh Hokkien community!! :)

Jules. said...

natasya;
haha, i charge rental!

lena;
i can say a few things! pronunciation sure off la but whatever!