Saturday, December 29, 2007

not one of them involving you.

It's amazing how much depth one person has. As the cliche as the Transformers' tag line goes, there's "more than meets the eyes".

It's funny how despite being constantly told not to do it when we were young(er), we still very frequently, judge a book by it's cover. We stereotype people based on his or her upbringing, their self presentation, their social group. Though those with good judgement can argue that a person can be valued it's worth in fifteen seconds, I am one of those people who'd beg to differ. I honestly think a person should make the effort to get to know someone else better before passing a judgement, for assumptions are seldom correct.

Today I learnt that even though a person can be categorized and grouped into certain clicks, it doesn't necessarily mean that where we fit in is where we belong or that being in that circle of friends means he or she is required to act in a certain way. At the risk of sounding as though I'm stereotyping, I'm from a girl's school so to say that happens all the time is truly an understatement.

It's weird to me how strong the under tow is of a seemingly calm ocean. Friends having on going feuds with other friends though not seen in the public eye. I find it strange that even though I'm almost reaching the ripe and tender age of sixteen, it's still pretty awkward to be around certain people that I've known for years. I find it strange that the people I call my close friends are the same people I cannot be around with most of the time. The chemistry is sortakinda missing, the spark has sortakinda disappeared. At least I'm comforted by the fact that I am not alone.

- Written at 1.06am; 4th November 2007.
jue*if i was invincible.

No comments: