Monday, July 2, 2007

you never were a friend of mine.

I don't like being questioned on my morals or ethics when I know there's nothing wrong with them. To each his own - we have our own views and takes on things and I shouldn't be ridiculed or be shot down just because I'm more open minded than the others that share the same class as me.

We were having a discussion on homosexuality issues during PJ today. We voiced out our opinions, sharing our advice for the problems some people faced with this rising issue. It's amazing many of them are living in dillusion by their little bubble surrounding their lives that they're so ignorant or native towards this. But at one point, I was really peeved when some people in my class chose to preach on religion and how in goes against everything we've been 'put on earth' for.

Anyone close enough to me would know I'm very opinionated when it comes to certain issues and although I'm not denying anyone of their right to their opinion, something with them going on and on about how those indulging in homosexuality acts are sinners and should redeem themselves with God just ticked me off.

Who set these rules? Who drew the line between what is right and what is wrong when it comes to being with the person you love? I confidently voiced out my opinion to the class that everyone is given a choice into liking and being with anyone they like. If that other person so happens to be a person of the same gender, then so be it. I was immediately frowned upon by my teacher who gave the whole 'The main purpose for us being here is to reproduce' speech which I thought is utter ludicrous. I had no intention on implying that everyone should be running off dating people of their same gender but I simply meant that we all have the right to choose to who we want to spend the rest of our life with. Just because some percentage of the world's population choose to not follow the norm (assuming the norm is to be with someone of the opposite sex) doesn't mean the world is going to end.

I know this post may be objected by many and this issue is a rather debatable one but it's just something that has stuck to my mind for the whole of today. Despite what my classmates may think, we have no right to think that it is our duty to correct every wrong in the world, that it is our duty to make everyone think in a certain manner or to change who they are.

This post in no way is directed to anyone. I'm just (once again) voicing out my opinion. If this offended anyone, then I'm sorry as it wasn't intentional. If you don't agree with what I think, then that's really your choice.

Gosh, it feels so good to actually openly blog about something.

jue*there's no going back since i've let myself fall in love with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear J,
I am moved by your passion and your courage to share your thoughts on sensitive issues like this. I was often critisized and labelled for the choices I made. It has come to a point where I take them as compliments coz I choose the road less travelled. So I get you.
That being said, I want to thank you for supporting in my cause to walk the talk for MUMs. I want to thank you for being part of Jon's life journey, for your friendship. I have since started a new blog for my cause, www.mums-uniting-mums.blogspot.com. You'd find that we may be touch soon coz I certainly need your support in the future. Thank you once again.