Thursday, August 31, 2006

for you are not lost.


I don't do it conciously, but somehow every Wednesday, I find out something new about Jon. Something that makes me even more proud (if thats possible) to have been one of the many to have known him. Even last Wednesday, I spent my night reminiscing with Vid on all the memories we've built with Jon. The strange things he has ever said, the gossip he's shared with us and those dirty little secrets. The first time in a long time that I could speak about Jon without resulting in tears.

But last night as I tucked myself into bed, a sudden rush of emotions took over me. It wasn't long before I broke down into tears again. I just couldn't help it. Somewhere in my mind, there was a part of me still thinking I would be meeting him at the next campfire or VI event. I know thoughts like that won't do me any good, but sometimes, you just can't control what your mind chooses to think.

As the thoughts in my mind began floating around, as the memories began consuming my mind for yet another time, I sat up on my bed still tightly wrapped in my comforters and muttered a silent prayer. A prayer to Jon because I know he would have heard it somehow.

I'm still amazed at the number of lives one man of only 16 years could have touched.

jue*when i feel lost, something tells me you're here with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(written by Ameer, taken off his friendster page)

I Stand Here...
I stand here before you a new man,
Changed and humbled,
Because knowing you made me human,
You made me learn to love,
I stand here beside you not alone,
But with those you know,
You gave hope and touched many,
And showed man time is gold,
And family is greater than that,
So we showed you,
A school is not made of walls,
But from real heart and soul,
As we all shed tears of sorrow,
For a lost that came from us,
We stand here with you,
To what you want and may,
You wish for a dance,
We gave a dance and salute you till the end,
And for the last time we watch,
As hard it may be and became harder,
Words could not describe emotions,
Because 'facta non verba',
Do not fred for he is not lost,
As long as in our minds and soul,
We remember,
So I bid you farewell and hope to see you again,
In another life of great serenity....

"Long Live The Fighting Jon"

No comments: